Thursday, August 8, 2013

This Summer... so far

This summer has been the best one in years! It was a difficult adjustment for me to have a baby... so the last couple summers we have not done much. This year I wanted it to be different. I started off the summer with a trip to Lake Powell. Scott and William didn't want to go, so I left the boys behind and joined my family for a week on the Lake. We had such a blast swimming, tubing, boating, sight-seeing, cliff jumping, playing cards, eating food, sleeping under the stars and enjoying the heat. I can't find my pictures... so I will repost when I find them. We did make a Harlem Shake video. Baby Gavin is the best part. Here is the Youtube link --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHJ02ZwCHU
But it was the BEST time!

A few weeks later my family went on another trip to Yellowstone. My dad rented a cabin in Island Park (just about 20 minutes outside of Yellowstone). Scott had to work, but William and I joined in on the fun. I think William's favorite parts of the trip were the cabin and the water. Anytime we were near a river that was safe for swimming- he would be right in there and wouldn't come out. He may have loved Lake Powell after all....






Next up... a trip to California (not JUST Disneyland this time!!! SHOCK!) A trip to Idaho and a trip to Vegas & Park City. I told you.... we had a busy summer! And it's not over yet!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! That sounds like so much fun!! And I'm so glad you got to go to Lake Powell for a wonderful start to your summer :)
    If you head down to Vegas again, let me know and I'll take you to dinner or something! Love you!

    ReplyDelete