Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Birthdays & Surprises

As you all know, January is birthday month at our house. We kept our birthdays low-key this year because we went all out for Christmas. Which was fine with me! For Scott's big
3-0 birthday he got a fun little set up. I found the "30 Sucks" craft on Pinterest and William liked it more than Scott. Now Dum Dums are Will's favorite treats!



My birthday was just a few days later and William knows that I love Owls... he helped Dad pick out the balloons for me. I have such sweet boys!

I know things have happened between January and now... but honestly can't think of much to write about other than our spur of the moment trip to Disneyland. Scott's brother Shawn and his family had been planning a week long trip for a while and wanted us to go with them but we couldn't swing the time or the money on such short notice. We were really bummed about it and sad that we would be missing out on such a fun family vacation. The day before they flew out to Cali, Scott & I decided that we couldn't stand to miss out on the fun and decided to go down for ONE DAY. We got everything ready, purchased tickets, booked hotels, packed up the car and left on Wednesday. We only stopped twice the whole time. William was AMAZING in the car! He was perfectly happy to sit and watch "Car Show" (Cars) or "Pee Pan" (Peter Pan) and have snacks (including his favorite: Popcorn and Dum Dums). He seriously was the best.

The next morning we walked to Disneyland and Scott text Shawn to see how their Magic Morning was going. Shawn replied saying they weren't so magic and were just barely getting to the park! We ran through security and hid behind one of the ticket buildings. We watched Shawn and all the girls walk up to the park, go through security and get situated on a bench. With Scott filming... we tried to get William to run up to the girls to say hi. He wouldn't go without me though, so I went with him. The girls started screaming and were so excited to see William. Angie just stared at me like she had no idea who I was. Once she realized it was really us she just said "Are you kidding me!?" and started crying!!! So of course- I cry too. (I cry over everything). We were all so excited to see each other and we were so happy that the big surprise worked!!!

Here is a screen shot from the video of the big surprise... Ang all ready crying!!

This is how William looked all day... holding hands with his beautiful cousins.

William even rode a few rides! He is really tall and got to ride Luigi's Tire Ride and Maters tractor ride:

He even rode the roller coaster in Toon Town... I am more frightened than he is!!

Cars is his all-time favorite thing ever. EVER. I could have spent all day in Cars Town alone. He got to meet Mater and Lightning. He was so excited. His 2nd birthday is coming up soon- and of course it is Cars themed. That is my big project that I am working on now. I can't believe he is getting so big!

We have lots of small trips planned this summer as well as a big California trip. I will post when I can find the time!!


This last week we lost a family member due to cancer. Scott's cousin Kevin (who married us) lost his beautiful wife Ellen. I have known the Kevin & Ellen Halladay family for many years because I grew up living in their neighborhood, being in their Stake and going to school with their kids. I always thought they were such a great family. When I was at Scott's family reunion party one year while we were dating- I was surprised to run into Kevin, Ellen, Eric and Bree! I didn't realize that they were family. (Scott and I lived about an hour away from each other) Anyway, Ellen was always so sweet and kind to me. And I have always felt so close to Kevin since he married Scott and I. Both of these people and their kids are amazing. My heart breaks for their loss. I can't imagine how they are feeling or what they are going through. I am happy that Ellen is free from her suffering, but she is missed. I will always remember her kindness and beauty. We love you Ellen and Kevin!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! We did that when we were living in AZ and surprised my family for Christmas. It was awesome! Glad you got to do that. It's so fun to be spontaneous!

    ReplyDelete