Monday, October 28, 2013

BIG Summer Update

I knew we did a lot more this summer that I never talked about... and once I found the pictures I thought I had better update! So for Memorial Day we went as a family to visit Nana and our other relatives in the Provo Cemetery. It is such a sad reality check for me. Since I live half an hour away from my parents (and Nana's home) I tend to forget that Nana passed away. In my mind- she is just down in Orem and when I go down to visit, it hits me like a ton of bricks that she is not here. Visiting the cemetery is worse... but it is also peaceful. Look at how beautiful her headstone/bench is... and seeing all the flowers and birds left behind is a great reminder of how much she is loved.

We also went out to Grantsville and visited all the Halladay relatives. I have never been out to the cemetery before. So it was fun to go and hear some stories that Scott shared. William had fun running around and putting roses on family members. We also went to the Salt Lake City cemetery to visit Scott's grandparents.

Our last stop was a Veteran's Cemetery. That is where my dad's mom is buried. I haven't been up there in such a long time. It was good to get up to her and leave her some roses as well. All of our family that has passed on are dearly missed and loved and never forgotten.





The 4th of July this year was full of parades. We went to the West Jordan parade in the morning and met up with Scott's brother and his family. They recently moved close to us! So we are excited to do more things with them. None of us were thrilled with the West Jordan parade tho. It was SUPER hot and the parade was waaaay too long. We left the parade and met up at the Halladay home for a fantastic BBQ.  After some good food, we left the group and went to the Sandy parade. Our friend plays the bagpipes and was going to be in this parade. So we went to support him! It was such a fun parade and we will definitely go back next year!

We topped the night off with going to Scott's brothers house and watching all the fireworks. It was fun to hang out with family and the kids. Everyone loved all the fireworks too! I love Independence Day- we are so blessed to live in this beautiful, free country. I am so grateful to all those who have and continue to keep us free!







The "lazy" summer days consisted of going to Orem and setting up little blow up pools for William. He loves to be in the water. We would also play in irrigation if we were lucky enough to catch that. One thing he LOVED was Uncle "Joshy" (as Will calls him) and Pop pop getting out the canoe and letting William ride the irrigation in the ditch. He thought that was just the greatest thing!


One night Scott took me out to meet our favorite Author- Terry Brooks!! We have met him before here and we were so glad that he was coming back to Salt Lake! He had lots of exciting news about books, a new TV series, and a movie. We were really nerding out and just enjoyed the whole evening. It was a LOOOONG wait to meet him and get our books signed, but it was worth it. He is such a nice man! If you haven't read his books- I would highly suggest you give them a try! 


We were invited to our friend's wedding this summer too. Dave is such a great guy and he and Scott played in bands together years ago. We are so happy that he met Sydney and that they got married! They are so cute together and seem so very happy. They got married at a Ranch up in Park City. I have never been up there and was blown away with how beautiful it was! One of the only pictures we took: us eating dinner with our friend Matt and his wife and girls. Congratulations Dave & Sydney!


I am finally all caught up with the year. I made some yummy food this week... so stay tuned for a Cooking update.

No comments:

Post a Comment