Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Odds & Ends

I can NOT keep up with this blog lately! Our life has been extremely hectic the last few months. We decided it was time to move- so we had a couple MAJOR projects to finish in about 2 weeks so we could put our house up for sale. It went up and about 8 days later it sold. So then we were house hunting like crazy- found a house and we close next week. So now I am packing up and cleaning out and have been doing all this with a very active 2 year old AND a pregnant belly. So the blog has been low on the priority list. Here are some odds and ends from this year so far:

January- Birthday Month. We spoiled Daddy with some gifts (that to be honest- I can't even remember what we got him... Some Legos, a Movie or two, some comic books, something electronic and an herbal tea maker perhaps...) Big W loves to hep open the gifts. We also went out to dinner with some close friends of ours- Scott and Toni have the same birthday so we celebrated by going out to Ruth's Chris. They are such a sweet couple and I am so heart broken to be moving AWAY from them. Good thing it is just down the street a few minutes...

 My birthday is in January as well and we had a great relaxing day. The boys got me heated curlers (that I need help learning how to use properly), a new curling iron, my own tea maker, and Tangled. We just hung around the house to my recollection and it was a fabulous day :) My boys make me feel so special and loved. I am so lucky.

During our busy house hunting days- we had one Saturday where we looked at about 9 houses (maybe more). We didn't want to drag Big W around and so we arranged to have my dad (Pop-pop) ride the Frontrunner train up to Draper to pick up William and ride back down to Orem. William LOVES trains. And he is always fascinated to watch trax or frontrunner zoom past. Here they are at the train stop and getting on the train. He was ALL smiles and just loved the ride. 



I am horrible at taking pictures- but William and I spend pretty much 24-7 together and I LOVE it. I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with him and raise him and play with him and teach him. I am not going to lie- being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. Some days I really question what I got myself into. But it is all worth it. When he gives me hugs, cuddles, kisses, smiles or anything- I just melt. He is my favorite. And he is the sweetest, smartest boy I have ever met. I am lucky to have him in my life.

Speaking of being lucky... our little GIRL will be joining us in July. I am still kind of in shock that we are having a girl. I just always pictured myself having a bunch of boys. I am really nervous about raising a girl- but I am getting more and more excited every day. She sure does love to move and stretch- she moves pretty much constantly (just like William did). So far the pregnancy has been great and everything looks good with Baby Girl. I couldn't ask for more.

My little sister (Dee-O to Will) got married in March! This handsome man was the ring bearer and he did such a great job.  He just loves Dee-O so much and is always giving her kisses. He has such a great Aunt and now a new Uncle. Welcome to the family Kaden. Congratulations to both of you. We love you!


I think that is all the major updates for now. I have lots of recipes we have been cooking up... so look out.

3 comments:

  1. Wow so many changes! I can't imagine moving and being pregnant! Congrats on the little lady...they are all I know, and they are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting on the new house - totally jealous over here lol so excited to meet baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reesen you must give me your new address and I'm so excited for that sweet little girl to here! Will is so handsome I see such a good mix of both you and Scott in him. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete