Friday, May 23, 2014

5 Days of Disneyland Part I

Man- I feel like we haven't been to Disneyland in a looooong time. In reality it has only been about 11 months- ha ha. We were lucky to be able to tag along on Scott's work trip this time. He had a convention in Anaheim! So William and I tagged along and got to go to Disneyland for our LONGEST trip yet- 5 whole days! We have been super excited about this trip and talking about it non-stop for weeks. I was a little nervous being 28 weeks along AND chasing around my 2 year old... so my parents were nice enough to join us! 

We did lots of new things this trip- first up was the Sword in the Stone. I always saw this at the park, but we have never stopped to try it out. All our boys gave it a try:




William just loves trains. We took full advantage of the train this trip. Anytime we could hop on- we would do it. William just loved it, and it was a time to relax for all us adults. 

Big W is tall for his age... he was only 1 inch short for MOST of the rides- so hopefully next time we go he will be able to ride pretty much everything & anything. Some new rides he was tall enough for this trip include Autopia. I think he rode this about 6 times. Look at how happy he is that he gets to "drive" a "car"!!

 Cute Meem & Pop driving along behind us.

We even talked Eric and Colleen into Disneyland for a day! William was SUPER excited to see them at the Park and they were sweet enough to take him on rides that I couldn't. Mater's Tractor Pull is one of his favorites. 

 And he talked Eric into taking him on a drive on Autopia.

The weather this trip was PERFECT- a little overcast and around 72 degrees. I think Sunday was pretty hot... but the rest of the week was amazing. And thank goodness because with all the humidity and walking around- my feet and ankles could barely handle it. I was SO swollen!! All in all- I loved walking around Disneyland and getting lots of exercise. We had so much fun hanging out with Meemaw and Pop pop all week too. We had lots of treats- our favorites are the Mint Juleps and beignets at the Mint Julep bar. We also love the Tigger Tails at Pooh Corner (which is another favorite ride of Will's. He rode it almost 20 times during the week). We got to try a new treat this trip as well at Maurice's Treats in Fantasy Land. We tried the Strawberry swirl bread, the chocolate swirl bread and the garlic swirl bread. As well as the frozen apple drink. It was delicious. 

One more post and more pictures and stories to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment