Monday, July 27, 2009

Lake Powell

My family has been going to Lake Powell almost every summer for the past 17 years! My grandparents have a time share on a houseboat and let our entire family use it. That includes my aunts, uncles and cousins. There are usually 25 people there. It is crowded, but a good time. This year my boss and his family wanted to join us and camp near us. It was a blast to have them around- such funny people!







I didn't get a whole lot of pictures this year, not sure why. But this is us on the boat cruising around the lake.
We did lots of cruisin around and sight-seeing! We hiked up to these really cool Indian houses but we had to swim down this channel so I couldn't take my camera up to them. This is a pic of the petroglyphs and the houses are right underneath them. It was really neat, I wish I could have taken my camera!
We did a lot of tubing. I went for about 20 minutes with my boss's wife and ended up with a huge burn/hole on my elbow that is still not healing. Ha ha. But it was totally worth it! Such a blast. My sister, my brother and my boss's son and his friend all like to go tubing a lot. They would hook up two tubes and go for it. One tube is a one-man and the other is a three-man. But they all like to pile onto one tube while the boat is moving.





They were so hilarious to watch, they would fight and pile onto each other, jump from tube to tube. Pretty entertaining to say the least! This is them being nice.


And this is them after they tried to be fancy and Boots was the last one standing!


There was a lot of swimming going on and this was one hysterical moment I had to share:



Lake Powell was a blast- I think this was the last year we will be going tho! We want to venture out and do different vacations every year. We'll see how it goes! I enjoyed the sun, the heat, the good times, the company and the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment