Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas

We have had an extremely busy and crazy Christmas season this year. I have had some health issues and have been in and out of the ER and the doctor etc. So on top of all that... we had lots to do to prepare for Christmas. It took me forever to put up all the decorations in the house... but we finally got it all up. I found all our Christmas cards that friends & family have sent us over the years and didn't know what to do with them. I remembered that my sister-in-law puts hers up on a door in the house. I thought it was such a cute display. So if you have lots of cute Christmas cards from family & friends and don't know what to do with them- may I suggest displaying them on a door in your house for all to see!?:


We did lots of fun things to celebrate the season. We went and saw all the lights at Temple Square in Salt Lake and that was really fun. I only took pictures on my phone... but it just so happened to be a warm, snow-free night. So my parents tagged along and we had a good time.

We didn't do too much for friend/neighbor gifts this year. I found a couple ideas on Pinterest and ended up making Lemon Buddies. (http://www.mychocolatetherapy.com/2012/01/lemon-chex-buddies.html) I thought these would be a nice change- it seems like everyone gets chocolate for Christmas. So this was a light and fruity change. We put them in ziploc bags and made cute holiday toppers like this as well: http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/2011/04/note-on-kindness.html

For Christmas Eve we did our usual family party down in Orem. We ate pizza and lots of food. We opened up Pajamas and stockings that had the CUTEST gifts. We all got silver bracelets that had bird designs on them with an inscription on the inside that says "I love you with all my heart, Nana". We also got a blue glass bird as well. As most of you know- my Nana loved birds and so do I. These are such cute reminders of my Nana and I will cherish that always. 

Little William and Gavin had matching PJ's. How cute are these boys?

Pop found Santa- and he joined us for some family photos. LOL

After the party we went home and put William to bed. Then we got everything set up for Christmas. It was quite the sight. Little William isn't spoiled at all!! 

He loved the car until Scott pushed the gas petal. Then he was scared to death. So now he won't even go near it. Ha ha. I am thinking we will store it until his birthday in May and re-gift it. Does that make me a bad parent??? ha ha
Scott got lots of items from the store called "The Art of Shaving". I think he is excited to use everything he got. I got some silver bird earrings from Tiffany's that I adore. We got lots of smaller gifts as well. We are so blessed and so spoiled. But, I think we all had a great Christmas. For Christmas Day we went to the Halladay's. We always get sooooo spoiled there too. William got a red flyer wagon with a canopy. He even screamed with delight twice when he opened it. (Luckily, Scott caught that on video). We got lots of treats and gifts. Our families are the best. My parents gave us a new vacuum- and it is awesome! I love it. They gave William lots of toys, clothes, and a mini chair for his reading corner and some trucks that he loves. His Aunt Bree spoiled him like crazy too with lots of clothes and blocks. One of his favorite gifts came from his cousin Kylee. It is one of those popper toys. He LOVES it. 

This season has been extremely tough for me. The Holidays are always a time of missing those who are not here anymore. I can't explain how much I missed my Nana. I miss her so much it physically hurts. I have never experienced such pain, loss and sadness. It is good to have such great family & friends around us, it helps with the pain. Thanks to everyone who made our Christmas so magical. Hope you all had great holidays as well.

1 comment: