Sunday, June 29, 2014

BIG days

Mother's Day has been kind of weird for me the last 3 ish years... I only think of MY Mom on this day and forget that I am a Mom myself. I know if you are pregnant on Mother's Day you sometimes don't feel like a Mom yet either... but you are! My cute cousin Erin is just a couple weeks behind me this pregnancy and it is so fun to see her and  compare notes. I know she doesn't feel like a Mama yet- but she IS and she is going to be one of the best Mom's around. Such cute belly's...

We had a lovely lunch at Papa's house with all the cousins and family. We gave Meemaw her gifts and just spent time with everyone. William absolutely loves to hold his cousin Ellie. He is going to be the sweetest brother. He is so protective and loving. He is also quite the worrier. He is always looking out for all the kids and making sure they aren't going to get hurt. My heart melts to watch him with the babies. He is going to be my big helper in a few short weeks for sure! 

We drove up to Scott's parents house and wished Grandma Halladay a Happy Mother's Day and dropped off her gifts. Scott's parents are always so thoughtful and giving. They gave me a bunch of gifts as well. I am so blessed to have the Mothe'rs I do. My Mom is my best friend and I am thankful to be so close to her. My mother in law helps me SO much. I love you Mom's.

My William is 3. I seriously can not believe it. Where did my baby go??? On his birthday we woke up and let him open his gifts: a few books, Minion t shirts, Cars, and a couple other small things that I can't remember at the moment. He was pretty happy with it all.

We then ate a waffle breakfast and sang happy birthday (the birthday song is his all time favorite thing. We always have to sing it more than once). I told him he had a surprise downstairs- so he ran downstairs to find his very own trampoline. He has been wanting a tramp for a long time and was really excited to have one in the basement. 

Daddy took the day off from work to play with us. So we decided to try out the new Museum of Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point. We spent ALL day there. They have a bunch of different areas and activities and things to do. We spent time at every area as well as the gardens and park. He loved feeding the fish and watching them through the glass:

He also loved the caves and the slides. He had a blast and did not want to leave the museum. I would recommend giving this place a try- although try to find a deal or coupon online because I felt like it was WAY overpriced. 

After the Museum we met up with Meemaw and Pop pop for dinner at Zupa's (William LOVES soup and salads lately) then we drove up to Cold Stone by our house and had some ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa Halladay as well. All the Grandparents spoiled him and gave him some gifts to open. He got a Thomas the Train Book and water shoes from "Meem" and Pop and Grandma and Grandpa gave him some aquarium trains for his train set. He loves all the gifts!

Big W had a great birthday. We were so happy to spend the day with Daddy. That is an extra special treat! He had his Minion birthday party just a couple of days later.... Coming Up.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe how big and handsome William is!! Oh my gosh it kills me!! & hello gorgeous pregnant women you are darling. I can't wait to see that beautiful little girl! Love you and miss you call me my dearest friend

    ReplyDelete