Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This Face...

I haven't posted many pictures of the kiddos since having the baby... and I can't believe how much she has changed all ready! About 4 weeks ago my cousins wife Courtney was so sweet and came over to take some pictures of Aftyn for me. She got so many great photos but these two really get me. 

Let me first say that I was not planning on being in any of the pictures so I did not get ready for the day- so when I saw that I ended up being in some of the pictures I had to cringe. Despite not being all dolled up- I love how sweet this picture is of me trying to warm up my baby in between pictures. She makes me so happy and I can't help but smile.

This is my other favorite picture-- this sweet face. I was absolutely terrified of having a girl. When I found out at the ultrasound I could not even stop the tears from flowing. That sounds terrible...but as she continued to grow in my belly, I became more and more excited. And the minute she was born I have been overwhelmed with how much I love her. Scott always told me- "You don't get what you want- you get what you need". There is no doubt that I need Aftyn. I need her sweet spirit in our home, I need her calming presence and chill demeanor. I need all the pink and bows and fluff. I always pictured myself having a bunch of rowdy boys- it is what I know and what I have loved. But William, Scott and I need this sweet girl. We are so blessed to have her in our family. 



1 comment: